Subject: [Leica] Re: Tricks to loading reels
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:54:26 -0800

The ONLY film I have EVER double exposed was film, on which, I left the
leader out.

Sometimes I remove a roll from the camera mid roll and mark the leader with
the frame number so I can reload it and continue later. I even double
exposed one of those because I forgot to look at the underside of the leader.

NEVER AGAIN!

When I need to remove a roll before it is finished... I do. I wind it all
the way in. I process it. It is not economical to try and save a half roll.
Even 9/10 of a roll. When loading your camera in a hurried situation, you
can indeed load the wrong roll.

Wind those leaders in. Use a can opener to open the cassette. Don't pass
the film through the felt(?) more than necessary. Dirty felt makes scratchy
film.

NO UV

Jim