Subject: Re: [Leica] Tricks to loading reels
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:30:19 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > The trick to the Jobo reels is in cutting the end of the film...  you want
> > a straight cut and then trim off the two corners at 45 degree angles about
> > 1/8" in from the side.... hopefully catch the right spot where
> > you don't end
> > up going through an actual sprocket hole.
>
> That's why I have started leaving my leaders out, and it makes the trimming
> job so much easier to miss the sprocket holes.
>
><Snip>

I pop then open with a can opener. Why?
One more trip through the felt which has been in my pocket so there could be
grit in it.

A chance for mistake. Running the same roll through twice.
I made that mistake. Two VERY important rolls both superimposed over the same film.

Nudes of my prettiest college girlfriend who had broken up with me...
superimposed over the Dean sitting behind his desk.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

markrabiner