Subject: RE: [Leica] OT MF RF
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:42:55 -0500

> True the FP Hassies are a completely different beast from the older 50X
> cameras. I'd say they are almost as good as the Rollei 6008i.

Aren't the Rollei shutters in the lenses?

> But more
> expensive and still difficult to hold.

They are more expensive, but hardly difficult to hold.  I feel the
Hasselblad is the most comfortable camera to hold.  You hold it under the
center of gravity, as opposed to it being cantilevered (as a 35mm is) in you
hand.  You hold it and fire the shutter with your left, focus and wind with
your right.

Now, TLRs are awkward...you have to keep shifting hands, since the focus is
on the opposite side as the wind...

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] OT MF RF)