Subject: Re: [Leica] Neutral Density Filters for M
From: "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:34:22 -0500

The B+W 3-stop ND 0.9 is what I use a lot with a 35/2 Summicron.

Don't bother with anything like an ND 0.3 (2x).  Not enough change to make a
difference with negative film - you could just overexpose the film and print
around it.  Besides, when you want to do the same thing with a 400-speed film,
you'll need to knock off the extra two stops anyway.

A polarize has a gel in it, as well as two uncoated (generally) glass surfaces,
so avoid doing that if you can.