Subject: Re: [Leica] 85 VF
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:45:49 -0500

At 05:52 PM 2/21/2001 -0500, Dante Stella wrote:

>It's not hard to find the Soviet finders.  They're OK.  Some other decent
>finders include the Soviet Turret Finder (good), the Tewe Zoom Finder
>(better),

I stammer, owning, as I do, several copies of each.  The TEWE finder is
okay, but, in general, the SPS clone of the 436/70 Zeiss Ikon VF is
superior.  It also can be had, new, for about 1/2 or less of the freight a
"collectible" TEWE will bear.

But some of the TEWE's run out to 200mm, which is helpful when I am using
that 2X FED tele-converter with an 85mm lens.  The ASTRO BERLIN unit does
this, as well, plus it has, unlike the TEWE, a diopter adjustment.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!