Subject: Re: [Leica] Two quick questions, please
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:06:04 -0500

> Hi,
>
> My name is George and I'm a new Leicaholic.
>
> Tho I don't take pictures much, recently I bought an M6 .85 after
> looking at it in a store. Another M6 (.58) and a few lenses later
> (50/2; 75/1.4; 35/1.4; and Voigtlander 15/2.8) I'm getting ready to
> take a photography class to learn how to use all this great stuff. I
> haven't, however, been able to get the acquisition bug to be still, so
> I'm wondering what other lenses might be good/useful. (After this
> wild spending spree my girlfriend has imposed a limit of one new
> lens per month, so a full set of further acquisitions will take a while.)

1. Get help fast.
2. Decide whether you enjoy photography.
3. Determine whether you have any photographic skill.
4. Determine whether 35mm, 2 1/4, 646, 6x7, or even 4x5 format is best
suited to your photographic interests.
5. If 35mm is for you, determine whether you are more comfortable with a
rangefinder or reflex focusing system.
6. THEN worry about more equipment.

B. D.