Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [LEICA] 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8
From: "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:00:06 -0000

I am sure that you have made the right decision and if you are as happy with
your R8 as I am with mine then you will enjoy it tremendously. I have never
found that the absence of the ROM in the lenses is a drawback, but then I
have never used an SCA adapter for TTL flash but always relied on the
combination of the on-flash sensor and the TTL flash meter of the R8. This
has proved to be very accurate and I have also used it successfully with a
ring flash. As for the feel of the camera, you will find that the motor
drive certainly balances it and feels an integral part of the camera,
although it does add considerably to the bulk.

Now you can really enjoy your photography.

Gerry