Subject: Re: [Leica] 40mm f2 Summicron
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:25:01 -0800

Hi Rolf:

Yes to the first question, as I used it on my M6. The focus throw is
very short, so that if your shooting action you don't have to wander all
over the place trying to lock on with the rangefinder. The sharpness is
comparable, but with a very, very slight lowering of contrast. With
today's films, it's almost an irrelevant question. The mid tones are
smoother in their transition from light to dark. It's early 70's
vintage, #2593005.

Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov