Subject: RE: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:07:20 -0500

> > > Who always has, and always will, believe that a Leica is a
> tool used in
> > > making photographs. Period. Just a tool. A good tool, but one
> of many in
> > > the tool box.
> >
> > Yes, but those 'other' tools, just make, well,
> pictures...except for that
> > hammer...that can be used to make an 'image' ;-)
>
> Which explains, perhaps, why you collect and use so many different
> styles and makes of "hammers" to make such fine 'images?' ;-)

Absatootly!  But funny enough, I always go back to my M6 with either the 75
or 35 'lux...  The M6 doesn't speak French, doesn't have auto anything, but
it is small, very pleasant to use, and always, always, always, gives me
great images with minimal fuss.

There certainly are different tools for different jobs, but I'd really have
to say, that for an all around exceptional system, and one that excels in
the type of work I have been doing over the past year, I'd have to give the
M two thumbs and a nose up.

Here's one from the Rollei just for you ;-)

http://www.darkroom.com/Images/LABox01w.jpg

My web site is on Unix, so it is case sensitive...

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?)