Subject: RE: [Leica] 28/2.0 Summicron
From: bampolsk@csc.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:44:00 -0500

Robert,

I'm also waiting for the 28mm Summicron, and most of my shooting is
outdoors among ruins in Central America and elsewhere.  I'm going to wait
for the Summicron.  As you say, when you need the extra stop, it really can
come in handy.   Of course, in the interest of full disclosure, I don't
need the lens until June.  Still...  Anywway, I think buying the 28mm Canon
FD for your AE1 Program as a stopgap measure sounds like a great idea.
And, after you see the results, you can let me know how it performed...  I
also has an AE1 Program which belonged to my father.  It's in the shop
right now having the rubber seal around the mirror replaced to eliminate
light leaks (never happened on one of my Leicas).  Then, I plan to give it
to my 15 year old son.

Good shooting.

Brian

Replies: Reply from "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com> (Re: [Leica] 28/2.0 Summicron)