Subject: Re: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:34:09 -0500

Martin Howard wrote:

> BTW -- I've noticed that this is the second time in as many weeks that
> people have called for an end to discussion on topics that are either about
> Leica, or about photography.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something about
> the LUG, but isn't that *exactly* the purpose of this list?

Okay, Martin...Let me try to respond philosophically, or something,
rather than as God....

It seems to me that if the purpose of this list is honest to God to
discuss photography, and the use of Leicas in photography, then this
thread might have long ago turned to the subject of what camera and lens
one might best add to one's kit to allow one to have a high quality
35-70  2.8 zoom, as Leica doesn't manufacture one, and has no intention
of doing so. Going on and on about how "we" can get them to make it is
quite silly, and has far more to do with egos, wallets, and God - the
real one - knows what else than it has to do with Leicas and
photography.

But that is just my humble - honest - opinion as someone who belongs to
this list as there are some interesting discussions of photography and
assessments of equipment on it, and it has been a good place to meet and
get to know people with interests similar to mine.

B. D.

Who always has, and always will, believe that a Leica is a tool used in
making photographs. Period. Just a tool. A good tool, but one of many in
the tool box.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?)