Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R Vario Elmarit 35-70/2.8 ASPH.
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:15:27 -0500

Dr. Joseph Yao wrote, in part:

> Here's the latest.  1,000 lenses and cash up front cannot change their mind.
> I am not so much interested in the 35-70/2.8 replacement at this stage, I am
> more interested in getting a #11275 to complete my collection....!

I think Leica is religiously offended by zooms and therefore refuses to
manufacture them.  They are not as "pure" as prime focal lengths.  They
probably don't want their cameras "contaminated" by variable-focal length
lenses ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | It never ceases to amaze me how people con-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | sistently pay more attention to *how* you
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | say something, than *what* you say.  (Anon)

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica R Vario Elmarit 35-70/2.8 ASPH.)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica R Vario Elmarit 35-70/2.8 ASPH.)