Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM
From: Steve Beyer <leica@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:59:12 -0500

I received the following answer within 24 hours....

Dear Steve,
Thank you for your mail and your interest in the special fast 2.8/35-70mm
lens.
As we had to stop the production due to some production difficulties we
cannot make even small batches from this however we are working to improve
the production technology for this lens so that possibly at a later time we
can bring this lens in an improved version again.

I am sorry that I cannot fulfill your request right now.
Kind regards
Leica Camera AG
E. Kühne
Hi Eberhard,
    I am a member of the list server group called Leica Users Group.  We
have been discussing the desire for several members to purchase the
legendary 35-80 Lens.  We have been told that it will not be produced.  I
would like to request that one more batch of these lenses be made.  I am
certain you could raise your prices a bit and get several firm deposits.
Won't you reconsider?