Subject: [Leica] Re: 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:04:40 GMT

To me, the "upgrade" from an R7 to an R6.2 is not really there. Only if you
simply love the ergonomics of the smaller R camera, and "crave" the
mechanical features of the 6 series cameras, would you even vaguely
consider it. The R7, as the end of a line was a well developed and reliable
camera. The R8 is the best manual camera I've used (including the R7) and
now with Leica's 5 year warranty it can be recommended without fear. I love
my R8 despite the problems I had with an early model, and the lens system
is fantastic.

Cheers

Alastair

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] [LEICA] 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8)