Subject: Re: [Leica] 0.58 angle of view
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:22:31 EST

 I really like the 0,58 and now have two of them! One is more or less
permanently attached to the 35/2 Asph and the other is my 24/25 and 28
camera. The 24/25 lenses can be used without the finders on this model. Even
with glasses you can estimate the coverage quite well. Just use the edges of
the viewfinder as a guide and figure out that if you can see it, it's on the
neg! The 0,58 really shines with the 35 though. It works very well with the
25/4 Snapshot Skopar too. Loaded up 0,58 #2 today with TX and 28/2,8 Ricoh
and it is a remarkably small and compact package. I am awaiting my 28/1,9
Voigtlander Asph later this month or early March. I have tried it before and
I like it better than the 28/2, mainly due to the less intruding hood and the
better ergonomics of the barrel. I tried the pre-production version at
Photokina and according to Voigtlander it has been reconfigured for even
higher performance in the latest version. I think it is officially due for
release around March 15.
Tom A

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 0.58 angle of view)