Subject: [Leica] Re: Nazi Paraphernalia
From: "Hugo Lopes" <hal@netc.pt>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:19:42 -0000

>I think they were part of the I.G. Farben consortium, but if a finger
were
>to be pointed- what about BASF (Badische Anilin und SodaFabrik)- every
time
>I see their commercials on TV I add to their blurb- "yes, the wonderful
>people who brought us Zyklon-B...."
>I have to admit, I do not knowingly buy BASF products....
>Dan

A couple of questions Dan:
- - Have you ever owned a Ford? (Henry Ford donated money to the Nazi
party before the war)
- - Do you read Newsweek? (They elected Hitler man of the year in 36)
- - Do you own an IBM (see the latest news)
- - What about the allied factories that produced phosphorous incendiary
bombs that killed over 40000 civilians in Dresden and many thousands in
Hamburg (there were people hiding in subterraneous who were literally
ROASTED alive due to the heat generated by the allied bombing).

Morale: Before 39, Hitler was not regarded such a bad guy by the allies.
He hated communists and left-wingers which suited the west's views fine.
It was the allies fault as much as the German people fault for what
happened. Of course there is nothing wrong with driving a Ford of
reading Newsweek, since the people who gave the money and wrote those
wonderful things about Hitler are already dead. We cannot put blame on
the German people or Industry alone. We all share the blame. If people
think otherwise is because History is written by the winners only.

Hugo

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Nazi Paraphernalia Punch cards from hell!!!)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Nazi Paraphernalia Punch cards from hell!!!)
Reply from Shan <shan@montana.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Ted)