Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander 75mm
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:19:32 -0500

On 2/15/01 5:19 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

> I saw their prints from the lens. They were OK.
> The finish: Less than inspiring.

I would agree regarding the finish, but -- as I just posted -- not about the
image quality.  If you wish to check out a raft of images shot with this
lens, go to http://www.dysmedia.com/Photography/RoundUp.html, and keep
clicking on the pictures to cycle through:  many of the photos, including
all of the carnival shots, were taken with the 75mm (including a night shot
of kids shooting that shows off the qualities I described).

And the black finish, btw, is significantly nicer than the silver (and this
goes for all the Voigtlanders).

I do want to try a 90mm Elmarit-M, however, to really do a comparison with
the best that Leica has to offer; it could be that I'm just sitting in
Plato's cave, chained to face the wall...

cheers,

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com