Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f2.5
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:14:50 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Don Lawrence wrote:
> >
> > Oops,
> > I did mean the Voigtlander 75/2.5 (not f2.8)
> >
> > Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it?
> > Price seems good, but what about performance.
> >
> > Don
The performance is fine. It's a nice, compact, 75. Again, it isn't the
$3 trillion SUmmilux 75 1.4, but if it was, it wouldn't be $300-400. If
it's in your pocket when you visit your dying mother, it will do just
fine. I got into Leica because I wanted a rangefinder - so not much
choice until recently - I wanted good build - so still no choice - I
wanted quiet.  The 75 Color Heliar or what ever they call it allows me
to go out with my M6 with 35 1.4 over my shoulder, and the 75 in my
pocket, and have a complete outfit and not need new pants or to have my
jacket pocket repaired. Quite frankly, if I am going to be doing any
real shooting with any thing longer than a 50 it will be mounted on a
reflex, which for me means the Nikon 85 1.4, which is as good as
anything Leica makes, or the the 60 2.8 macro, which is also as good as
what the gnomes of solms turn out...;-)

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f2.5)