Subject: [Leica] re: shutterbabe
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:48:28 -0800

>no wonder she quit -- having to deal with remarks like this all the time.

You know -- I haven't read the book. So it's unfair of me to make that
joke, or in fact present some of these thoughts below:

However, the summaries that were posted here suggest that a lot of her
book is spent sensationalizing sexual exploits.

And for that matter, the passage which was posted in this forum, something
along the lines of "I was in a war zone in the back of a jeep -- and
I was bleeding". My concern was for her health, was she shot by sniper
fire? Bleeding to death in the back of a jeep? No, she has her period!

What is this supposed to mean? Didn't we go through this with, who was
it, Newt?, who didn't want women in the service because they might find
themselves in a trench at the wrong time of the month?

I'm sorry, but my first reaction is to make fun of this stuff. I can't
take her seriously as a journalist if she wants to preen instead.

If you want to talk about women in journalism, fine, but can we move it
to another thread?

Byron.