Subject: Re: [Leica] [LEICA] 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Feb 2001 07:34:54 -0800

On Wed, 14 February 2001, Ray Moth wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've been offered the chance, by a dealer here in Jakarta, where I
> live, to buy a brand new R6.2 for US$1100 or a new R8 for about $100
> more; however, I can't afford to buy one or the other unless I trade in
> my existing R7.
<SNIP>
> I am quite comfortable with manual exposure, so if I buy the R6.2 I
> expect I'll be able to live without all the auto modes of the R7.

Ray,

The R8 is one of the best manual exposure cameras I've used, and it has the additional automatic features if you want to use them.  And once you start using the R8, the viewfinder alone will convince you it's the right camera.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe