Subject: [Leica] Re: self-timers for M?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:12:39 -0800

I have one, which you screw into the shutter release. It is a little clock
mechanism with a lock and adjustable plunger length. You adjust the plunger
all the way in, and start testing, adjusting it out until it just releases
the shutter. Then lock down the plunger for future use on M's. To use, you
screw it into the M release, wind the clock, set the lock. When you and
everyone is ready, you release the lock and, if you are going to be in the
picture, join the group (or whatever.)

It is made by KOBAL, and it says "made in occupied Japan". I've had it for
donkey's years. But it works great and will not jam your release mechanism
with a too long of a throw.

Jim