Subject: RE: [Leica] WKs 7,8 Includes picture of new film camera fromFrance
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:20:19 -0500

> While I understand chemical still photography, I don't
> understand why someone
> would be interested in shooting on 16mm film, rather than
> digital HDTV.
> What am I missing?

Just FYI (speaking of HDTV), IMAX is at 4096 x 3072, next down from that is
feature film work which is done at 2048 x 1536, and HDTV is 1920 x 1080.  DV
is only 720 x 480.

Beyond just the camera, the processing equipment requirement necessary to
deal with this kind of data is pretty stiff I would think.