Subject: [Leica] Kon Tiki Cameras
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@wyoming.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:52:26 -0700

Good day good friends,

I have been trying to find information about the cameras taken on the
Kon Tiki expedition since it was mentioned on one of this lists in the
past month or so.

I have been in contact with Emily Mulloy, widow of Dr. William Mulloy
the anthropologist on several of Heyerdahl's expeditions (Kon Tiki,
Aku-Aku) and an authority on Easter Island.  Dr. Mulloy passed away in
the early 1970's (I took a class from him in 1969).

Mrs. Mulloy suggested contacting Mr. Paul Wallin, Director of Research
at the Kon Tiki Museum in Oslo.  I have tried reaching him via email
with no success.  Perhaps one of our members in that neighborhood could
pay him a visit.

Dr. Mulloy BTW used a Retina, probably a I, Ia, II, IIa or similar of
that vintage.  I will check on that some more.

Best wishes to all, and thanks, Mike