Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:18:50 +0100

On 14 Feb 2001, at 19:41, Pascal wrote:

> significantly reduced prides.

Reduction of who's pride? (Sorry, Pascal)

Companies need distribution, and competition for distribution is at
least as cutthroat as that for consumers. I'm happy to live in a city
with two shops that I can count on for ordering what I need, and a
few others that I can buy things from if they have them on the shelf.
The net is disturbing markets, cutting some middlemen who
actually do add value, as well as those that are just happy to take
your money. Do you really want to just deal directly with the
manufacturing companies, and not with a good dealer who may
keep grade C stock for the rare customer who wants it?