Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HM choice
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:26:39 -0700

Try both and buy the one you like. It will only be collectable if you never
use it, in which case it does not matter which you buy :-). I like (and
purchased) the TTL for its easier to use light meter display. I like the
aesthetics of the classic better; amazing how much difference 2mm makes.
Early TTL cameras had problems with excessive battery consumption so make
sure it has a warranty (it is easy to test). Another difference is that with
the classic, if the camera shutter is released, the camera is off even if
you press on the shutter release; but, with the TTL, if you press on the
shutter release, even if the shutter is released and there is no viewfinder
display, the batteries are being drained. You have to turn the TTL off if it
is going into a bag.

John Collier

PS: I am I the only one who loves the 0.72x finder? It seems that way
sometimes!