Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex or Leica M ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:49:49 +0100

Tony,

Your question is one that only you can answer. If you like to shoot with long
lenses (longer than 135mm), if you like macro work, if you shoot landscapes and
other non-moving objects, then an SLR will fit your needs best. If you shoot
people, street, using wide-angle to short telephoto, then a rangefinder will be
best.

I have an M3 and a Leicaflex SL (plus more modern M & R bodies). Both are
wonderful in their own ways.

In the end, it probably does not matter, since you will end up getting both :-)

Nathan

Tony Salce wrote:

> Could list members proffer a view as to the merits of using an SLR like the
> Leicaflex as opposed to a Leica M.
>
> I presently use a Leica IIIa and an  Olympus OM1and am considering the
> purchase of either a Leicaflex SL or an M3. Having held a Leicaflex SL in my
> hands, it is absolutely no comparison to the Olympus. Similarly the feel of
> say an M3 is lovely. However I really don't know whether to stick with SLR's
> or to launch into rangefinders.
> My photography is centered upon family and travel.
>
> Are a Leicaflex and an M compatible if one was to get both ?
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Tony Salce

- --