Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Alpex finder?
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:32:26 -0800

Douglas Cooper wrote in part:

So what do people know about Alpex?  Says "Japan" on the bottom, and I would
guess from the build quality and design that it dates from the period of the
late Canon LTM's:  serious construction -- looks like chrome over brass --
and the black and chrome ring arrangement is similar to what you find on
later Canon LTM lenses.
Alpex made a variety of aftermarket viewfinders for rangefinder cameras. I have an Alpex 35mm viewfinder that I bought new in 1968. I don't know if it was from that period or possibly earlier. It is slightly larger than the old Canon and Nikon viewfinders it was modeled after. I used mine on my Leica III until I got a Voigtlander viewfinder which is better but doesn't have that nice vintage design.

Robert