Subject: [Leica] Unfortunate accident removes red dot! Devastated in Victoria! :-(
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:13:53 -0800 (PST)

Ted Grant wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I had an unfortunate accident of sorts today while shooting my way
through several hospital care units and ORs . . . (snip) . . . I'm
grief stricken over the red dot loss! :-( . . . (snip) . . . "Will this

hurt the lens?" . . . (snip) . . .  I have great concerns . . . etc.
Ted, I fully understand your concern. The same happened to my Elmarit-R
90mm/2.8. I can tell you that the effects will be worse than any of the
fears you listed. What you will lose is ... bokeh! I couldn't believe
the results from the first film after my dot fell off. My pictures were
... well, absolutley dotless. NO bokeh to speak of! ;-)

However, my wife came to my rescue a few days later when she was doing
the ironing. "Hey, guess what I found in your undies?" You guessed it -
the little red dot! At first she thought I was suffering from some un
mentionable complaint or other, especially when she saw the look of
intense relief on my face. However, a little dab of Superglue and I was
back in the bokeh business. I hope your tale ends as happily as mine
did :-)

Regards,

=====
Ray