Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: 40.5mm metal lens hood
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:17:31 -0500

At 06:31 PM 2/11/2001 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:

>Sorry for the late message: Friday came and went in a mist of confusion.
>
>I'm looking for a metal lens hood for my 50mm f/1.5 Jupiter-3 lens.  The
>model I'd like most would be a vented metal Hoya design that screws into the
>filter thread (which is 40.5mm).  However, I'll consider other options too.
>If you have one -- or know of where I can find one -- please email me.

Good God, man, why Hoya?  Zeiss Ikon made a slew of these, readily
available, as did the SPS photo industries.  And Nikon also made a bunch.
In today's world, you can procure these from B+W and Heliopan, arguably the
best solution, as both are intended for the Zeiss exemplar of the Jupiter
lens.  And Tiffen made a collapsible rubber hood which I believe is still
available.

Me?  In today's market I'd go for Harrison & Harrison, those fine purveyors
of fine lens accessories, inexpensive and, well, wonderful to deal with.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] WTB: 40.5mm metal lens hood)