Subject: [Leica] Summilux Psychology (Was: In defense of my (fat) Tele-Elmarit)
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:11:45 -0500

Neil Miller <plus_4@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking of bad experiences, mine came when I traded my
> first 35mm Summicron for a 35mm Summilux (1970 vintage).
> After a short period of time I realized it wasn't just
> me not able to focus, the lens was just soft. I went
> back to another 1st generation Summicron and am still
> very happy with it. I'm sure my experience with the
> Summilux is unusual. The lens looked mint but I think
> it was emotionally tired ... just didn't want to take
> any more sharp photos.

You must've had a bad one, Neil. I picked up a 1969 vintage 35 'lux about
five months ago and have now all but stopped using the early '60s 'cron that
was my mainstay M lens for nearly 20 years. I love my 'lux! I guess its
previous owner(s) treated it with affection and so it's a happy,
well-adjusted lens. ;-)

- -Dave-