Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Depth of field summary with regard to the argument at hand
From: "austin@darkroom.com" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:00:12 -0500

> It has been unfortunately categorically stated that if I want to take a
> picture of a subject with a 45mm lens that it does not matter whether I use
> a 35mm camera or a 4x5, the depth of field is going to be the same.

No, that is not what was stated.  That statement you cite was only relating to DOF on the film, NOT to DOF on the print.

I am curious about something, regarding the 'print DOF'.  Won't objects that are 'larger' 'appear' to be sharper than smaller objects?  If so, then shouldn't the DOF calculations have a stated object size/distance (to other objects) to actually make these DOF 'tables' more 'accurate' (what ever accurate is in this case)?

http://www.mail2web.com/ .