Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: For B.D. Colen et al.
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:50:11 EST

In a message dated 2/9/01 7:27:50 PM, idag@pce.net writes:

>For anyone who wants to continue talking about depth of field, the importance
>of detail-contrast vs. overall contrast, how MTF is much more important
>than resolution, or any other optical or photographic topic - please do
>so.  Do not be intimidated by the nay sayers.  Just post your question
>and let
>the debate begin.  I'm sure the sound of rapping delete keys will be heard
>round the world, but hey....that's what they're there for.

This is a user group. By definition it is a group which uses Leicas. Using
Leicas and determining depth of field is simple. Every Leica lens has a depth
of field scale. Learn to use the scale. Shoot lots of film with different
lenses in different situations at different apertures, at different
distances, and you will learn what depth of field will do for you as a
photographer.

You will be busy enough actually using the equipment that you will become a
better photographer, and find it unnecessary to waste time fighting about who
can piss farther, or pontificate longer about equations that only really
matter in a classroom.

Cordially,
Scott Stewart

wondering where Ted is ....