Subject: Re: [Leica] Huge Leica collection for sale
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:33:22 +0100

Who else than a professional dealer or auction house would bid for this?
Any serious collector would have plenty of doublets, so imagine the time
(and pain, eventually) to sell off the surplus items. And it should be a
rich guy with the time to do that.

I confess that I am also moving a little bit from the users' to the
collector's corner. I however insist that my "Leicababes" are toys to
get at least a little bid of playing, if not real use, but are not at
all locked up and pampered collectors' items.

Even then I would argue that all about collecting (or putting together
toys) is to hunt after each piece, then being able to tell a story about
each acquisition, each bargain. Those collectors being well advanced in
there addiction may need more and more thrilling purchases, will move up
to more rare and expensive items. But I doubt whether they would
actually enjoy to buy in bulk.

Hans-Peter