Subject: [Leica] QC and the Bosses
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:34:27 -0800

I don't argue with John's mantra to test everything.  It is sound advice.
However the main disappointment is the number of wacked out items the
members of the LUG are getting right out of the new box.

One of the interesting items that came from my study of the serial numbers
of the M6HM was that as a group, the LUG represents about 3% of all Leica
purchasers.  ( about 75-100 cameras were reported in about the first 6
months against a total production of 3000-odd).  This gives us a good
statistical basis to determine trends.

If we are seeing a "return rate" of even 1% on our LUG equipment, then we
have been failed by the manufacturer.  Can you imagine your reaction to
getting a new car whose engine does not function?  How about a new
refrigerator that keeps food at a nice warm 54 degrees F?  A new house whose
hot and cold taps are randomly different ( left and right ) throughout the
house?
What would you do?  You would raise Cain...

I have been stating that the bosses of Leica do not know about the high
out-of-the-box return rate.  We need to start a campaign to tell them about
their failures and ask them what they are doing to correct this.....

How do we reach into Leica's top management?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "William Aldorfer" <aldorfer@bwn.net> (Re: [Leica] QC and the Bosses)