Subject: Re: [Leica] Tristan Tom's dilemma
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 21:01:10 -0500

Dan, I'm with you on this one.  Tonal gradation is clearly lacking,
micro-contrast has obviously suffered, bokeh is all shot to hell, and to top
it all off, I just can't see that 'glow' in the images.  Mere holiday snaps.

;)

M.

Dan Cardish jotted down the following:

> You know, my first impressions of these photographs were extremely
> positive; they seemed the epitomy of fine documentary style photography.
>
> However, upon further examination, I can now see that they are  clearly
> inferior and amateurish.
>
> :-)))))))))
>

> Dan C.
>
> At 03:59 PM 07-02-01 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:
>> Robert Appleby jotted down the following:
>>
>>> All the pictures in my India 98 folder were shot with tri-x and a 45 mm
>>> lens on a G2.
>>
>> NO NO NO NO NO!!!  This ISN'T possible, this CAN'T be possible!???  These
>> MUST be Leica pictures!?  How could CONTAX have enabled this!?  NO, I REUFSE
>> to believe it...!!!

- --
Martin Howard               | "...key features are the distinctive rear
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU | lighting clusters that make the Maserati
email: howard.390@osu.edu   | 3200GT instantly recognizable to anyone
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/  | overtaken by it."  -- Maserati sales lit.