Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 6.8 Telyt
From: Doug Herr <merlin@flyingemu.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2001 13:21:40 -0800

On Wed, 07 February 2001, George Lottermoser wrote:

> Hello Doug Herr
>
> As the resident Telyt expert:
> my 400 6.8 slide focus does not "lock" firmly, but slips,
> especially forward, when thumb button is released. I've cleaned
> the rubber pad and the tube where the pad causes the friction. Do
> you have any other ideas re: getting a firmer lock on the slide
> focus?
>
> George

Nope, I don't have an answer for this.  A few things that may be the culprits include a weak spring on the thumb button, or the rubber pad has hardened with age and isn't as sticky as it used to be.  Beyond that I'm (as usual) clueless.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!