Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 6: Rick's Hands
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:16:48 -0600

The following responses refer to this image:
http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-06.htm

Mike, This was shot w/ Tri-X @ EI 1600 and developed in D76 for 14 min @
68 Degrees.  Scanned from negative w/ no adjustments in Photoshop.

>From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 6: Rick's Hands
>Nice, great high contrast look.  Was the film developed that way or was it
>printed "Hi-Con"?
>Mike D
…
Thanks Ted, This was a "cave" of a cellar where the band practices… Rick
was lit by a incandescent bulb in a ceiling fixture.  (BTW, he is a
bloody good guitar player…  he makes that Gibson, sing, sing, sing…)

>Hey Matt,
>Man you are becoming a good one! :-)  Love it considering it looks like it
>was close to the black hole of wherever for lighting! Nice use of the light
>and image capture
>ted
>
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant
…
Thanks, I tried cropping and like it both ways…  I like the mass of
black because it seems to reinforce the contrast of the hands and
guitar.  Maybe when I print it I will be able to better judge?  /matt