Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] how can the 75 Lux focus go bad?
From: "austin@darkroom.com" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:11:55 -0500

I disagree.  If you take the same lense, and use it on ANY size film, at the same distance, you will get the same DOF.  Optics doesn't know what the film size is, and adjust it self accordingly.  3' IS 3', no matter what the film size is.

I don't disagree that if you change the distance, to re-frame the image so it is the same composition you will get different DOF, but that is not part of the discussion...the DOF calculator keeps the same distance, just changes in the film format change the resultant DOF it gives you.  I believe that is wrong.

http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: Re: [Leica] how can the 75 Lux focus go bad?)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: DOF)