Subject: Re: [Leica] Books On the Leica System
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:47:10 -0500

D Khong wrote:

> >I'm a newbie both to LUG and the Leica M System. I was wondering if you
> >could recommend a couple of good books on the system. I am interested in
> >shooting techniques and tips, but would also like to know a bit more
> >about Leica history. Thanks
> >
> >Hugo
> >

> Hugo,
>
> I first Leica book was the Leica-M Compendium by Jonathan Eastland and it
> introduced me into the philosophy of Leica very nicely.
>
> Dan K.

If you want to be introduced to the "philosophy of Leica," put a roll of
Tri-X in your camera and go take photos. When you get your pictures
back, the go to your book store and buy one of the Cartier Breson
collections. Come home, compare your photos with his. Throw up. Go buy A
LOT more film and go shoot it.

B. D.