Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: V35
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:31:29 -0800

Some time back. I sent my 40 to Focal Point for a CLA. As it turned out
I had some printing that came up. I slapped  a 50 on the V35 and lo and
behold, everything was out of focus. I tried adjusting the column and
the helical focusing ring, nothing worked. So I went over to my Leica
dealer, Terry's Camera in Long Beach CA, explained my problem. He dug in
one of those magical camera store drawers and pulled out an extension
tube and said something to the effect "try this kid, it might solve your
problem." Well, I went back to my darkroom, put the puppy on and presto
it was within range. I adjusted the column for the 50, and everything
else is history.
I think the non Leitz 50 mm lens used on the cheaper model, if you can
believe that, was a Rodenstock Eurygon. A variant for "retch my guts
out" I believe.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: V35)