Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering question
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 19:47:36 -0500

I wrote *none* of the quoted text below!

M.

John Hudson jotted down the following:

> Martin Howard wrote:
>>
>> Marc James Small jotted down the following:
>>
>>> Second, you are completely wrong on this topic, Mark.  The purpose of the
>>> Hove Compendia is to serve for the various camera systems as Wildi does for
>
> Is "Wildi" Theodore Wildi, Professor Emeritus of Laval University
> [Quebec], Department of Engineering?
>
>>> Hasselblad, a gathering of technical knowledge.  Eastland is a recognized
>>> pro of some abilities, but his knowledge of the equipment is not what it
>>> should be for an author of a major system camera book and what seems even
>>> worse is that he doesn't seem to care.
>

> Was Eastland referring by chance to the area metered by the MR meter
> sitting atop the M3? If that was the case the 90mm bright line would in
> fact measure the area metered by the MR.
>
> John Hudson
> Vancouver, BC

- --
Martin Howard               | "...key features are the distinctive rear
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU | lighting clusters that make the Maserati
email: howard.390@osu.edu   | 3200GT instantly recognizable to anyone
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/  | overtaken by it."  -- Maserati sales lit.