Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering question
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:22:00 -0500

Mike Rivera jotted down the following:

> Am I to assume then if I have my 35mm lens on the camera and I want more of
> a "spot-meter" reading, I can simply flick the bright-line frame selector to
> the 90mm frame and the metered areas gets correspondingly smaller?

No.

> How can this be?

It can't.  The frameselector lever only shows you the field of view, it has
nothing to do with the metering.  To change the angle that the meter reads,
you must change the lens.

But it would be neat if it worked the way Eastland describes it! ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |   Even permanence is transitional.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |