Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: V35
From: "matt" <mahv@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:07:22 +1300

The standard negative carrier is available from Leica USA in New Jersey for
$175. The lamp needs the housing to go with it, but that should still be on
the enlarger and the bulb for the later model is the Philips 13919 which is
available from Topbulb.
http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_Description.asp?intProductID=46030
I suggest you only consider the later model because the earlier model bulbs
may be difficult to find.

The Focotar 40/2.8 lens come up for sale on ebay from time to time at around
$250-$300 range. This gentleman had one for sale recently for $255, he may
still have it: bob.os@columbus.rr.com
The $400 Schneider 2.8/40mm Apo-Componon HM lens is even better than the
Leitz Focotar 40/2.8 but won't work on autofocus. Not a real big deal if
you've got a grain magnifier and a little more time. Be careful when buying
a second hand Focotar as some of them are fogged. You can get them cleaned
of course but it will cost you probably $50 or more.

Try this site for additional information if you haven't already:
http://www.infomaniak.ch/~bonavolt/v35.htm