Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering question
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 10:58:13 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

>  The area metered is about 1/3 of the
> > area covered by the lens.  Too bad Eastland had it wrong, that would have
> > been really useful.
> >
> > Dick Hemingway
> > Plano, TX
>
> That's not just a typo - that's a pretty major blunder. So much for
> wasting money on all these damn ultimate Leica books by so called
> experts.
>
> B. D.

Screw the technicalities B. D.!
I think you would find the reading of one of Eastland's books to be an excellent experience.
I'm glad he's not technically perfect, he's a doer and an artist.
We all saw his slideshow at the LHSA thing Octover in Boston.
It's the TONE the matters in books even such "handbooks" sometimes called
"compendiums" not the picky picky itemization of information. Like Edward
Westons Daybooks…
From the USE of the equipment this man has forgotten more about Leica than we'll
ever know.
Lack of perfection is a prerequisite, who can stand that?
Mark

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA
updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Metering question)