Subject: RE: [Leica] Paris in March / Trinovid Bino's
From: goldframe1@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:11:37 -0700

I picked a barely used pair of Ziess 8x56 bino's a few years ago after being
told how great they are for low-light use, which they are, my friend has a
yacht and uses these at night checking for land and other vessels.  They're
a good piece of glass but the eye relief is wrong - I can't hold the eyecups
right up to my eyes.  The Leica bino's have it right and they are
brilliant! - I have the 7x42 - the largest exit pupil diameter for easy low
light usage, great glass.  The 10 power is too difficult for me to use in
normal hiking without a rest - I'd happily trade a pair of Ziess 8x56 for a
pair of Leica 8x10's.  Leica's are pricey but Leica's rule - if you know
what you're looking at.

gold