Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 mm f/1.4
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:26:18 -0800 (PST)

Gerry wrote:

george day wrote:

>  While you're at it, and as we all know, you can buy a G2
> with *three* fantastic lenses,

But the question is "would you want to?"   I tried one once and will
stick to M6/M4/M3 thank you very much regardless of cost. I get great
pleasure from using them, they give me great results, and I know that
if I ever need to I can probably sell them for pretty close to what I
paid for them.
Well, I, for one, certainly *wouldn't* want to! My reasons: the
viewfinder, the AF with poor (almost useless) manual override, the
noise and the shutter delay! Great G-range lenses, but the cameras? No
thanks! Comparing Leica M with Contax G is like comparing apples and
oranges, IMHO.

Regards,

=====
Ray