Subject: [Leica] Televid Oculars!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:10:37 -0500

I FINALLY received the second version of the 20X-60X Vario-Okular for my
APO-Televid, after a patient wait of a year and a half, and do NOT order
Leica through the Ritz camera chain!  What a charmer this eyepiece is!  I
did a side-by-side with the old version this afternoon, and the new one is
a significant improvement.

The first version 20X-60X is an okay eyepiece with a fairly good central
area.  The second version is a REALLY good eyepiece which has remarkably
improved edge definition.  (And, yes, I'll be posting my first-version for
sale ASAP.)

Leica has produced a fine small telescope here, with a fine eyepiece
selection -- 20X widefield, 32X widefield, 20X-60X Vario, and a 40X,
together with a camera adapter which, with a Leica T-Mount adapter and the
R Ocular, affords 64X.  I use it on a small Bogen tripod, and toss both in
the trunk when I travel.  Really handy -- the only quality telescope I have
which challenges my Questar 3.5 in terms of mixing aperture and quality.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!