Subject: [Leica] Superman and Distilled Water
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:27:37 -0400

>So if you drank water so pure it would eat though stainless steel would it kill
>you?

>mark rabiner

>Maybe that's what Superman drinks!
>Melted from ice in his fortress of Solitude!

Mark

I didn't say stainless steel. Somehow it got implied. The pipe in question
was the carbon steel typical of water lines.

And yeah, drink enough ultra-pure water it and it would kill you eventually.
Far, far quicker than cigarettes will.

You know how you are not supposed to drink seawater as it will cause your
body's cells to shrivel and die. High purity water will do the opposite -
your cells will explode. Osmotic pressure is not your friend here.

I shutter to think how painfull this would be...ugh....

Regards

William

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Superman and Distilled Water)