Subject: Re: [Leica] I use UVa filters - when should is it critical to take them off
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:25:36 -0500

goldframe1@yahoo.com wrote:

> Thank you Buzz - and your point is????  LOL

I'll jump in for Buzz...His point is....OHMIGODHEREWEGOAGAIN....To say
that this question has been discussed/debated well beyond the point of
usefullness is make an, uh, understatement.

The problem in asking the question, particularly on this list, is that
you will get almost as many answers as there are list members, and you
will never, and I stress never, get any kind of general agreement that
will help you.

If you feel safer using filters all the time, use them. If not using a
protective filter doesn't worry you, don't use one. If you are in a bad
environment = blowing sand, salt spray, chemical substances in the air,
etc. - you'd be foolish not to use one. If you are shooting in a
situation where you are likely to get flare, you'd be foolish to use
one. And so on and so forth. Oh, and using one will degrade the image
quality produced by your zillion dollar Leica lens. And using one will
not degrade the image quality produced by your zillion dollar Leica
lens.

Good luck.

B. D.