Subject: RE: [Leica] Monterey
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:01:37 -0500

Regarding the 17-mile drive in Monterey (actually Carmel, a bit South of
Monterey), it's been quite a while since I've been there but I seem to
remember that they started charging money to drive through there, trying
to keep the riff-raff (us regular folks) out.  Anyone know if this still
the case?

- ----

I was there last April and they did charge for the drive.  $5, $7.50..
something like that.

They also charge to get into Point Lobos.  However there is this stretch of
beach just north of Point Lobos park that looks tailor-made for sneaking in.
Does anybody know if you can get into the park from there.  I was really
disappointed that the park didn't open till 9.  What a waste of morning
light!

Jonathan Lee

Replies: Reply from "Brent Dorsett" <brentd@nyct.net> (Re: [Leica] Monterey)